The International Code Council's Building Safety Month is an international campaign celebrated in May to raise awareness about building safety. The theme for 2019 is “No Code, No Confidence”. On the ICC website you can find promotional materials to educate your community including social media posts, proclamation guide, press releases, letters to the editor, kids education and more. Here are the weekly themes for the month of May 2019:
- Week 1 – (May 1- May 5): Preparing for disasters: Build strong, build smart
- Week 2 – (May 6- May 12): Ensuring a safer future through training and education
- Week 3 – (May 13- May 19): Securing clean, abundant water for all communities
- Week 4 – (May 20- May 26): Construction professionals and homeowners: Partners in safety
- Week 5– (May 27- May 31): Innovations in building safety
To help make your community’s Building Safety Month a hit, visit https://www.iccsafe.org/about-icc/building-safety-month.