31st Annual F.A.C.E. Conference
JUNE 16-19, 2020
The negotiated F. A. C. E. Group Rate is $110/night
at the gorgeous conference resort:
5951 Silver King Boulevard | Cape Coral, FL 33914
There is no resort fee or parking fee for the F. A. C. E. 2020 Group
REGISTRATION COMING SOON (mid-late March)
Legislative Committee Scholarship
NEW & Exciting! Legislative Scholarship for the chapter which makes the most visits to legislators between now and May 15, 2020. The F.A.C.E. Board has approved the bestowment of a scholarship to the 2020 conference in Cape Coral to the chapter with the most visits and emails to elected state legislators (this does not include travel or lodging).
To qualify your chapter for the Scholarship, all you have to do is e-mail your legislators to discuss code enforcement issues with them. Each letter must include at least three talking points from the Legislative Committee flyer which was included in the February edition of the InterFACE (http://face-online.org/wp-content/uploads/February-2020-INTERFACE.pdf), the fact that you are a member of the Florida Association of Code Enforcement and your local chapter (please mention the name of the chapter), and any additional code concerns you wish to share with them. You must also cc the Sergeant At Arms on the e-mail to your legislator (email@example.com) and forward any response you get from them.
The chapter with the most e-mails to legislators that meet the aforementioned criteria will be awarded a scholarship to the 2020 conference- should the current health crisis cause cancellation of the 2020 conference, then the scholarship will be valid for the 2021 conference. Thank you for helping visualize code enforcement to our legislators throughout the state. Your efforts will help for a successful legislative session for code enforcement in 2020-2021. Be safe and wash your hands!
Sam Sullivan, F.A.C.E. Sergeant At Arms
Florida Association of Code Enforcement Scholarship
Each year the Florida Association of Code Enforcement awards multiple scholarships for the annual conference registration (hotel and travel are not included). Criteria for eligibility:
- Must be an Active Member in F.A.C.E.
- Provide a written statement from your employer, on official agency letterhead, to confirm that funding is not available for the applicant to attend the conference, and that he/she has the time off to attend the conference, if selected.
- Provide a statement of 100 words or less, to describe why he/she would like to be a F.A.C.E. scholarship recipient.
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Room and travel are not included.
- A maximum of three (3) scholarships per agency may be awarded.
Please complete and submit the FACE Scholarship Application on or before May 1, 2020.
A scholarship opportunity is available to PACE membership by completing and submitting the PACE Scholarship Application.
- The member must have applied for a scholarship from FACE and was denied.
- Must not have been awarded a PACE scholarship in the past.