Members of the Florida Association of Code Enforcement, Inc. subscribe to, and are governed by, the following Code of Ethics:
- Members will recognize and uphold the rights of all citizens as granted by the Constitution of the United States and the State of Florida.
- Members will enforce all codes and ordinances in such a manner as to ensure a quality of life expected by the citizens.
- Members will perform all duties in such a manner as to instill in the public trust and confidence in the code enforcement process.
- Members will, at all times, conduct themselves in accordance with the standards of conduct for Public Officers and Employees as contained in Chapter 112 of the Florida Statutes.
- Members will continually strive to maintain a high level of professional expertise through continuing education and training
- Members will, at all times, perform their duties in the best interest of the public health, safety, and welfare without regard to personal beliefs or political influences.
APPROVED by the Florida Association of Code Enforcement, Inc., Board of Directors on the 8th day of February, 2003 in Orlando, Florida for submittal to the membership assembled at the 14th Annual Conference for the purpose of voting for adoption.
ADOPTED by vote of the membership of the Florida Association of Code Enforcement, Inc., at the 14th Annual Conference and Training Seminar in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, on the 19th day of June 2003.