Robert L. Hamilton Conference Scholarship
Robert L. Hamilton (Bob) served as the volunteer general counsel to the Florida Association of Code Enforcement for 26 years. Bob refused to accept payment for his council, and each year the Board of Directors would present him with a gift thanking him for that years service to our Association.
In lieu of a salary or even gifts, Bob requested that F.A.C.E. set up a scholarship fund for a member to attend the annual training conference. The announcement that the Robert L. Hamilton Conference Scholarship award had been created can be found in the July 2004 InterFACE Newsletter.
The scholarship provides one conference attendee a full scholarship, which includes hotel accommodations, to the next annual training conference. All registered conference attendees are automatically entered into the annual drawing held during the conference.
Previous winners include:
- Samantha Norris, City of Gainesville for the 2018 Conference
- Daniel Garcia, City of Daytona Beach for the 2017 Conference
- John Markee, City of Atlantic Beach for the 2016 Conference
- The winning recipient for the 2015 Conference did not attend
- Rick Berni, Town of Davie for the 2014 Conference
- Charles Boatwright, Polk County for the 2013 Conference
- Glenda Porter - Mink, St. Johns County for the 2012 Conference
- Ken Jackson, Palm Beach County for the 2011 Conference
- Tom Gravagna, Charlotte County for the 2010 Conference
- Marante Ayanidys, Town of Bay Harbor Islands for the 2009 Conference
- Pete Jensen, City of Largo for the 2008 Conference
- Milton Tinis, Lake County for the 2007 Conference
- James Acosta, St. Johns County for the 2006 Conference
- Karen Matches, Hillsborough County for the 2005 Conference